NeoR gene expression from expression vectors ?

Nigel Kenward mbxnjk at vax.nott.ac.uk
Fri Jul 21 08:24:48 EST 1995

Hi There,
Anyone got any info on the expression of the Neomycin R gene in
mammalian expression vectors such as pcDNA3 ? I have used this in COS7
cells, and appear to get protein production, but I am a little worried
that if I'm producing buckets of the NeoR gene product, this might
interfere with any westerns I do for proteins in the 30kD range.
I'm not actually using Neo selection !

Any info greatly appreciated.
Thanx,
Nige

Nigel Kenward              TEL:+44 (0)115 9249924 ex. 44789
Dept. of Biochemistry      FAX:+44 (0)115 9422225
Queens Medical Centre      Email:mbxnjk at vax.nott.ac.uk
Clifton Boulevard          URL:
Nottingham
U.K.                   "Back off man, I'm a scientist!"  -- Bill Murray.