DMSO in CaCl2 Competent Cells

arturo.galvani at itner.pharmacia.se arturo.galvani at itner.pharmacia.se
Fri Jul 21 02:06:09 EST 1995

     Graham Dellaire wrote:

     >The DMSO can help molecules disolved in it transverse lipid bilayers
     >very efficiently

     >Try this mix DMSo with lemon juice and put your finger in it.... you
     >should taste lemon!

     Graham, do you really suggest that people do this? The Merck Index
     says about DMSO: "Skin contact results in primary irritation with
     redness, itching and sometimes scaling. Urticarial wheals are not
     uncommon."

     Try this instead: take a slice of lemon, pop it into a chilled bottle
     of Sol or Corona, then invert twice and drink.

     Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with producers of Mexican beers.

     Cheers, Arturo Galvani.