Northern blotting

Nigel Kenward mbxnjk at
Fri Jul 21 08:17:09 EST 1995

v115t2vq at wrote:
>A straight and simple question:
>Is there any probe better than rRNA/actins in Northern blot for internal
>Thank you!
>Larry Lu
>Dept. of Biochem. Pharmac.
>SUNY at Buffalo
>V115T2VQ at

We have used 7S RNA as a control as it doesn't vary between tissue types. Also I think Glucose-6-Phosphate dehydrogenase can be used.

Can't help more than that, tho' there's a paper of mine from about 3 years ago which should tell you more.

Nigel Kenward              TEL:+44 (0)115 9249924 ex. 44789
Dept. of Biochemistry      FAX:+44 (0)115 9422225
Queens Medical Centre      Email:mbxnjk at
Clifton Boulevard          URL:
U.K.                   "Back off man, I'm a scientist!"  -- Bill Murray.