SDS-PAGE problem!

Dima Klenchin klenchin at macc.wisc.edu
Fri Jul 21 18:44:36 EST 1995

>I usually leave the extreme lanes blank

Guys,

seems like you all missed the point. The problem is described as "curved
and connected bands between lanes"  and "like both ends of the bands
migrate faster than the middle". Note plural in both cases which
indicate that it is not usual smiling of the bands on edges.

I never had this problem and have no clue. My guesses:

1. 3 ug/ul is too much if you load > 5 ul.
2. What is salt in the samples (you decreased it less than 2-fold,
might not be enough)?
3. Something wrong with running buffer (never titrate it's pH).

-dima