peptide synthesis

Darren D. Browning dbrownin at scripps.edu
Sat Jul 22 15:13:56 EST 1995

I've found that most of the companies around (such as the adds in Science), offer pretty
competitive rates.  Just be sure to check on the purity of the final product, often several
hundred bucks a peptide can be added in "hidden" costs associated with cleaning up a crude
product.  If you plan on making several peptides, you might consider cleaning them up youself,
either via HPLC, or for antibody production just use an exclusion column (eg BioGel P2 or the
like).  For an even tighter budget, and if you have several peptides, you might be adventurous
enough to make them yourself using a kit such as the RAMPs peptide synthesis system. I recently
produced 6 useful sera from peptides made this way.
--
Darren Browning                    __________
Rm.116 Department of Immunology   [  ______  ]
email: dbrownin at scripps.edu