Thermocyclers

Michael J. Tuvin mtuvin at bcm.tmc.edu
Sun Jul 23 01:07:17 EST 1995

In article <1995Jul19.213522.20090 at alw.nih.gov> Karen Usdin <ku at helix.nih.gov> writes:
>Does anyone have any experience with the Biometra triple block
>thermocycler? I am interested in how it compares to other machines out
>there for reliability, price, and versatility. I like the fact that it
>has 3 independent blocks and an module for doing in situ PCR. The price
>I was quoted was $7450 with the heated lid system. Any feedback?

We have Trioblock in our lab: It is a fine and verstile machine.
Very convenient to check out for optimal conditions, for example.
The most useful tool in the lab I might say.
Rapid and reliable machine; continues interrupted run after a power outage.
Price seems to be reasonable as well.
Technical support is there for you.
Negatives: software not very user-friendly for novices; once you get used
to it - no problems. Sometimes it erases (forgets?!) stored programs.
But overall I would buy it again
Michael