ABI DNA Software 2.1.0/PowerMac/HP1200C

Richard R. Hardy hardy at mighty.fccc.edu
Sat Jul 22 14:53:55 EST 1995

>In article
><Pine.ULT.3.91.950721135033.967A-100000 at essex.hsc.colorado.edu>,
>drebingc at ESSEX.HSC.COLORADO.EDU (Carla Drebing) wrote:
>
> We have an ABI 373 Sequencer with new 2.1.0 ver. Analysis software. We
> are running the analysis on a PowerMac 7100. The analysis runs quickly
> and beautifully, unlike the purgatory of running 1.2.0 with emulation.
> However, the printer, an HP DeskJet 1200C/PS seems to be incapable of
> printing out the electropherograms. It takes forever once they are loaded
> into the spooler, then it will print one result and give a
> ERROR:Limitcheck, implying there is not enough memory in the printer to
> handle the job. This cycle repeats endlessly if I let it. HP is stumped
> and ABI doesn't have a quick answer, the only suggestion is a bad memory
> chip in the printer. But the 1.2.0 Analysis seemed to be capable of
> printing. Anyone?????
>
> Carla Drebing
We just had a similar problem with an HP-4M (greyscale) printer connected
over ethernet to the PowerMac7100.  Turned out that printing without using
Printmonitor (i.e, no Apple spooling) was amazingly faster (2-3
min/Electropherogram page vs. >18 min with spooling).  There is a Readme
that came with the 2.1.0 software that states some printers need to have
memory upgraded to work properly.  Also, make sure you only print the
Electropherogram (not the raw data, EPT traces, etc) in one print job -
takes less memory!  Good luck...

--
Richard R. Hardy
Member, Institute for Cancer Research