T. J. Murphy medtjm at
Sun Jul 23 20:52:09 EST 1995

In article 7to at, ae55 at (John Bates) writes:
>I will be using reasonable quantities of the enzyme Luciferase
>over the next year. Many commercial sources of this enzyme are very
>expensive. Any advice on a good supplier of this enzyme would
>be much appreciated.
>John Bates
>PHARMACEUTICAL technology Ltd

Are you sure you aren't talking about luciferin?  You can detect luciferase
down to the fg range with a reasonable assay.  Just off the top of my head,
that will translate into several thousand dollars of luciferin per mg of
luciferase enzyme.

TJ Murphy				"I'm not an expert, but is your				Asst. Professor				 sweat glowing there fella?"
Dept of Pharmacology				-The biotech security guard in
Emory University School of Medicine		The Firefly, Orion Pictures, Ltd.