SOURCE OF LUCIFERASE

T. J. Murphy medtjm at bimcore.emory.edu
Sun Jul 23 20:52:09 EST 1995

In article 7to at news.cityscape.co.uk, ae55 at cityscape.co.uk (John Bates) writes:
>I will be using reasonable quantities of the enzyme Luciferase
>over the next year. Many commercial sources of this enzyme are very
>expensive. Any advice on a good supplier of this enzyme would
>be much appreciated.
>
>John Bates
>PHARMACEUTICAL technology Ltd

Are you sure you aren't talking about luciferin?  You can detect luciferase
down to the fg range with a reasonable assay.  Just off the top of my head,
that will translate into several thousand dollars of luciferin per mg of
luciferase enzyme.
---

TJ Murphy				"I'm not an expert, but is your				Asst. Professor				 sweat glowing there fella?"
Dept of Pharmacology				-The biotech security guard in
Emory University School of Medicine		The Firefly, Orion Pictures, Ltd.