Ligation problem

Robert Henderson chisler at internet-eireann.ie
Sun Jul 23 19:33:21 EST 1995

Dear netters,

I have been having problems ligating fragments excised from agarose
gels which have been cleaned using Bio101 Geneclean system.  Four
people in our department have encountered the same problem that is
no recombinants when we try to ligate (by cohesive ends) into any
number of vectors.  This is not a ligase problem since we have even
bought fresh ligase thinking that this was the problem.  It is
apparently a new problem since I have only encountered it now
and never remember having a problem with this system in years gone by.
Anybody got any ideas?

Cheers