Info needed on SUBTRACTIVE HYBRIDIZATION

Berend Rah rah at alf1.ngate.uni-regensburg.de
Mon Jul 24 09:02:30 EST 1995

Hi everybody,

I hope there is someone out here who knows about or has gathered some
experience with subtractive hybridization. I would like to know if this is a
good way to look for the upregulation of certain genes after a neural trauma.

a) Is there a risk that mRNAs transcribed in big numbers hide other ones that
are only upregulated in a small number. Can this problem be overcome by
subtracting the newly found major mRNA ?

a) Can anyone provide me with a good and reliable  protocol

b) What are the main advantages and drawbacks

d) Good books or references

I would higly appreciate any help or useful comments.
Many thanx in anticipation.

               Berend