Useful Web Pages for MolBiologists

Chong-Yee Khoo cyk10 at cus.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 25 00:05:55 EST 1995

I've set up a couple of web pages which might be of interest to readers
of this group.

Oligonucleotide Vital Stats
---------------------------

Accepts an oligo sequence and sends back useful information on it such
as length, composition, percentage GC content, melting point (calculated
by 2 methods), and various molar and concentration equivalents. The salt
concentration can be determined by the user (with a default of 150mM, of
course!)

Bipartite Nuclear Localisation Sequence Locator

Runs a search through an amino acid sequence, looking for bipartite
nuclear localisation sequences (pair of basics + spacer of any 10 amino
acids + cluster of 3/5 basics). Options include a choice of spacer
length, and also two search methods (Faster and More Comprehensive).

Reference: Robbins, J., Dilworth, S. M., Laskey, R. A. and Dingwall, C.
(1991) Cell 64, 615-623.

Please note that with both pages you have to enter the sequence without
any spaces or carriage returns. Have a go at them and let me know what
you think - I would appreciate any feedback you may have. I hope you
find them useful!

Chong-Yee Khoo
Wellcome/CRC Institute
Cambridge