Useful Web Pages for MolBiologists

Chong-Yee Khoo cyk10 at
Tue Jul 25 00:05:55 EST 1995

I've set up a couple of web pages which might be of interest to readers
of this group.

Oligonucleotide Vital Stats

Accepts an oligo sequence and sends back useful information on it such
as length, composition, percentage GC content, melting point (calculated
by 2 methods), and various molar and concentration equivalents. The salt
concentration can be determined by the user (with a default of 150mM, of

Bipartite Nuclear Localisation Sequence Locator

Runs a search through an amino acid sequence, looking for bipartite
nuclear localisation sequences (pair of basics + spacer of any 10 amino
acids + cluster of 3/5 basics). Options include a choice of spacer
length, and also two search methods (Faster and More Comprehensive).

Reference: Robbins, J., Dilworth, S. M., Laskey, R. A. and Dingwall, C.
(1991) Cell 64, 615-623.

Please note that with both pages you have to enter the sequence without
any spaces or carriage returns. Have a go at them and let me know what
you think - I would appreciate any feedback you may have. I hope you
find them useful!

Chong-Yee Khoo
Wellcome/CRC Institute

E-mail: cyk10 at