Immunoblot sensitivity

Dima Klenchin klenchin at macc.wisc.edu
Mon Jul 24 17:28:20 EST 1995

>I would have to take issue with this statement.  HRP and
TMB are at least as
>sensitive as AP and BCIP/NBT!!!  Our company produces both
types of systems
>and I find the HRP/TMB to be much more sensitive and
cheaper to use.

Even though it contradicts my personal experience and
(usually) literature - maybe (I've never use your
company's products; could you send me the technichal
notes? - 1525 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706).

"Much more sensitive", I believe, is an overstatement.

Cheaper - no doubts. However, if one go for cheap stuff,
then cheap azo dyes with AP are no worse than BCIP/NBT.

-Dima