Mac software for plasmid maps

Nigel Kenward mbxnjk at vax.nott.ac.uk
Mon Jul 24 03:16:53 EST 1995

jeg at PW.USDA.GOV wrote:
>For reasons I won't go into, we need to get a new program for drawing
>plasmid maps on Macintosh computers.  Our old one was Plasmid ARTIST, we
>also use MacVector. We would appreciate any recommendations or warnings
>concerning which program to get or which to avoid.  Thanks.

Hiya,
Try MacPlasmap. It's just come out as a commercial version and is excellent in our opinion

It's 245 dollars from: CGC Scientific Inc. P.O. Box 8171, St Louis,
MO 63156  USA
(314) 652-6533  - phone

I don't work fpr the company, but still recommend it !

Regards,
Nigel

Nigel Kenward              TEL:+44 (0)115 9249924 ex. 44789
Dept. of Biochemistry      FAX:+44 (0)115 9422225
Queens Medical Centre      Email:mbxnjk at vax.nott.ac.uk
Clifton Boulevard          URL:
Nottingham
U.K.                   "Back off man, I'm a scientist!"  -- Bill Murray.