split in dried gel?

b574713 b574713 at mailserv.cuhk.hk
Tue Jul 25 10:15:55 EST 1995

In article <3uklj2$ca4 at worak.kaist.ac.kr>
hbkim at biochem.kaist.ac.kr (Hanbok Kim) writes:

> I found that some split occurred in dried SDS-PAGE gel.
> At first, there was no split. With time, some split
> appears. How can we prevent this phenomenon?
>
> Han,
> hbkim at biochem.kaist.ac.kr

I usually set the drying temp. at 80C for 2 hrs. The gel was covered
with a microwave plastic sheet. No bubble was trapped. Make sure that
there was no air leakage around the sealing area. These conditions work
very well in our lab for drying SDS-PAGE or sequencing gels.
Danny T. M. Leung
b574713 at mailserv.cuhk.hk
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong