Taq polymerase from Fisher

Anton Scott Goustin asg at cmb.biosci.wayne.edu
Wed Jul 26 15:01:33 EST 1995

Promega Corporation (Madison, WI) spent a good deal of money fighting
Hoffman-LaRoche's right to license the manufacture of Taq DNA
polymerase.  They recently lost their battle.

I was a steady customer of theirs due to their price on M-1862 ($162 for
500 U), some 40-50% cheaper than all others.  I would buy through
Fisher, and the product would come direct from Promega.  The last time I
made this order, I was surprised.  The product was labeled Fisher
Biotech, and came in quite different packaging, buffers, etc.  I was
skeptical until I tried it.  It seems to perform as well as the gold
standard (AmpliTaq, from Perkin-Elmer-Express).

Does anybody know who makes the Taq polymerase for Fisher?