Urgent Help! French & Italian Electrophoresis Scient - WARNING

Mike Gaunt mwgaunt at molbiol.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jul 26 13:45:14 EST 1995

In article <806753087snz at pzoptic.demon.co.uk> Chris J Stone <chris at pzoptic.demon.co.uk> writes:

>Hi,

>I need to talk to scientists in France and Italy who regularly do
>electrophoresis.

>Can you reply with your name and telephone number so I can contact and talk.
>I promise not to take too much of your valuable time, but it is urgent and
>it would be really really helpful.

>Thanks in advance for your time.

>P.S English speaking preferred.
>--
>Chris J Stone                                   chris at pzoptic.demon.co.uk
>                                                telephone (44)1795 472427

      ****Please feel under no obligation to reply to this request***

There is no urgency about the request at all. The requestee represents a
consultancy firm and is no part of the real field of research. Their
objective is to collect information from lab based scientists which they are
then highly likely to sell onto companies supplying electrophoresis equipment.
 The respondants will recieve nothing from their participation. In retrospect
I now strongly feel that this sort of behavior is taking advantage of our
system of goodwill and cooperation.

 I have posted an account  of my encounter with this individual on 25-7-95 in
an article entitled <none>/ <Company consultant stalks this board>. In the
article I might have misspelt the individual's actual surname as Bone and not
Stone.

Regards

Mike