Help with searching promoter sequences for transcription factor recognition sequences

EILEEN FURLON93 at IRLEARN.UCD.IE
Wed Jul 26 12:11:12 EST 1995

Dear reader,
          I have been trying to identify a number of footprints that I have
obtained using a very old software package, MacDynamic. Unfortuneately the
database that this program is using is very old and a lot of newly identified
transcription factor recognition sequences are not in it.
        I have, unsucessfully, been trying to blast a database tfd with promote
r sequences, but this turned out to be a protein database of the transcription
factors structure rather than their DNA recognition sequences.
        If there is anybody reading this who knows a database or a good softwar
e package, I would be very grateful for any info. you could give me.

Gratefully yours,
Eileen Furlong.