PCR to detect viral point mutations

Anderas Becker becker at ps1515.chemie.uni-marburg.de
Thu Jul 27 05:10:48 EST 1995

In article <3v167f$7a9 at dub-news-svc-2.compuserve.com>, Francesc X Lopez-Labrador <100647.73 at compuserve.com> says:

>Does anybody know a PCR method different than ARMS or COP to detect viral
>point mutations?
>Thanks,
>Francesc X.

sorry I actually don't know what ARMS and COP is. I am not familiar
 with that acronymes.
But what you can do is allel-specific or mispairing PCR.
If it is something you don't know don't hesitate to contact me by email.

Andreas
Andreas Becker
Arbeitskreis Prof. Kadenbach, FB Chemie/Biochemie, Hans-
Meerwein-Strasse, Philipps-Universitaet, 35043 Marburg, Germany
Phone: privat +49 6421 47304  Labor +49 6421 28 -5721 Fax -2191
eMail: BECKER at ps1515.Chemie.Uni-Marburg.De
PrimerDesign Home Page: http://www.chemie.uni-marburg.de/~becker