how about bionet.molbio.pcr?

Eric C. Anderson anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
Fri Jul 28 13:28:16 EST 1995

In article <3v09hd$rek at surz03.HRZ.Uni-Marburg.DE>,
becker at ps1515.chemie.uni-marburg.de (Anderas Becker) wrote:

> In article <3uu225$j1q at news.doit.wisc.edu>, klenchin at macc.wisc.edu (Dima
Klenchin) says:

> >Wouldn't it be great to make this new group and to keep all
> >PCR related discussions there? It alone, I think, takes >
> >30% here. This way it will be easier to find PCR related
> >stuff there and all the rest - here.
> >
> >What do you think?
> >
> >-dima
> >

> I think it is a great idea.

as someone else stated before, it's really not a very good idea.  i like
the idea of having all methods and reagents type problems and suggestions
in one place rather than strung all over 50 different groups like:

bionet.molbio.pcr
bionet.molbio.southern
bionet.molbio.northern
bionet.molbio.microinjection
bionet.molbio.transgenic
bionet.molbio.dna
bionet.molbio.rna
bionet.molbio.etc.etc.etc.

almost any news or mail reader will allow you to search for a particular
topic if that's all that you're really interested.  i think that when you
split up groups you end up with more total noise just because people want
to fill up the group.

just my 2 cents,

eric