PCR license for non-profit lab?

Andre Hamel hamel at cc.umanitoba.ca
Fri Jul 28 04:11:53 EST 1995

Can anyone with experience regarding PCR license in diagnostic lab share
some experiences regarding La Roche & their "position" (I use that
loosely) on this matter.

Seems to me that they are soooo very vague and inconsistent as to make
one very leary of this issue.

I've seem some documents describing the exemption of some labs from
needing PCR license for diagnostic uses ... non-profit.

What about researchers ... hospitals? ... government labs?

What are their "policies" ... I hate that word (exist due to past folks
mistakes, especially beaurocrats ... BTW, nothing ventured, nothing gained,
right?  :^)

thanks kindly in advance,

ps ... Hi ya John if you're out there ... wotsupdoc? ... what's policy of
your inst.?

     Andre Hamel                   email: hamel at cc.umanitoba.ca
     (Scientist)        tel: 204/945-7630     FAX: 204/945-8062
  Virology Laboratory,  Animal Health Centre
  Manitoba Government  Department of Agriculture
  545 University Crescent,  Winnipeg, Manitoba,  CANADA   R3T 5S6