Help in SDS-PAGE

Sailesh Surapureddi SaiSu at MCB.LiU.SE
Sat Jul 29 15:07:34 EST 1995

>To: methods-and-reagents at net.bio.net
>From: Giorgio Spagnol <spagnol at galactica.it>
>Subject: Help in SDS-PAGE
>Date: 29 Jul 1995 08:16:40 GMT
>
>Hi netters,
>
>Seems that my destiny in these days is to have troubles in one
>dimensional SDS-PAGE. Lately, instead of migrating as bands, my
sample
>form two vertical streaks wich seem to migrate from the sides of the
>wells down in the gel. I usually make a 6% gel and run it for two
>hours.
>It makes no difference if I load 10 ug or 10 ng.
>Any suggestion? I thank you in advance.
>Giorgio

Giorgio,
	Did you check what salt you have in your samples, usually this kind
of thing happens when you have K+ salts or Amm.Sulfate, so dialyze
your sample and also try with a fresh sample buffer, better change all
the reagents and you should be out of the woods.
Sailesh.
PS: Research is about learning philosophy, the two streaks represt
'ambition and goal' which never meets. Just Kidinn...