[REQ] Cleaning electroporation cuvettes?

STEPHEN WILLIAM DOUGHTY u2528090 at ucsvc.ucs.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Jul 31 18:39:43 EST 1995

Hi

A little while ago, someone posted a hyper-parenoid method for
cleaning electroporation cuvettes.

We use the BIORAD setup with 2 mm cuvettes. I wash them with tap water
(vigorously ) , then with SDW and then leave them to dry. Once I have
several cuvettes to clean, I rinse them in SDW , then soak them in
0.5 M HCl for 2 hours, then rinse in SDW thoroughly and 70 % EtOH, dry
and package ready for use, but I still get colonies coming through
in the cells only control.

If anyone has a better method, please could you post it ( again ) or
send it to me.

regards Stephen

Stephen Doughty
Centre for Animal Biotechnology