gel shifts with labeled protein as a probe??

David Hanzel hanzel at
Thu Jun 1 14:07:29 EST 1995

"Aron B. Jaffe" <jaffe at> wrote:
> I would like to look at protein-protein interactions on a non-
> denaturing gel using an 35S-labeled protein as my probe.  Can I
> do this?  Does anyone know of a reference?
> thanks
> aron
WARNING: I work for Molecular Dynamics..we make the FluorImager

Have you considered using a fluorescently labeled protein as a probe.

I know it is not protein-protein but I just ran across an indentification
of penicillin binding proteins using Fluorescein-labeled penicillin.

david hanzel
hanzel at