Water coomassie recipe ??

M.P.Woodland M.P.Woodland at ic.ac.uk
Fri Jun 2 08:35:49 EST 1995

clement at cvlab.harvard.edu (clement at cvlab.harvard.edu) wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am looking for a water coomassie recipe
>
> I want to stain my protein in gel and pvdf membrane for sequencing.
>
> Unfortunately, i can not find anymore my water coomassie recipe
>

> Any help would be welcome
>

> Thanks
>

> 		Chris
>

>                                  \\''''//
>                                   (0 0)
>                   @----oOO---------(_)-----------------*
>                   |      Chris Y. Clement.             |
>                   |"Life is not good, it is better!"   |
>                   @-----------------------------oOO----*
>                                  |__|__|
>                                   || ||
>                                  ooO Ooo

Chris,

I've  never  heard  of  a  water  based  Coomassie  stain. I  stain
in  MeOH/Acetic/Water  for  sequencing  and  it  causes  no
problems. If  you  want  to  avoid  this  why  not  use Ponceau S
(0.2%  soln  in  1% acetic) for  1-2  mins,  wash  with  deionised
water. This  is  a  bit  less  sensitive  than  Coomassie  but
still  pretty  good.

Marc  Woodland