Adenovirus vectors

Stewart G Martin stewart.martin at nott.ac.uk
Fri Jun 2 12:20:29 EST 1995

 Does anyone out there have access to any adenovirus or
 adeno-associated virus (AAV) vectors that they could supply me with
 or know of a source where I could get some from ?  I have
 the 293 cells but don't want to have to go to all the hassle of making
 suitable vectors from wild type Ad5.  Also, from a gene therapy
 point of view, is there any advantage of using one particular adenovirus
 type over another? Since some types are more prevalent in the
 environment than others might not the hosts immune response be greater
 against them?

Thanks in advance

Stewart Martin
CRC Department of Clinical Oncology