purifying out one strand of PCR product?

anonymous einerhand at amc.uva.nl
Tue Jun 6 12:58:32 EST 1995

john
If you make one of your primers with a 5' biotin attachment, you can
then use streptavadin coated paramagnetic beads to capture your pcr
product.  By treating the beads with 0.15M NaOH you denature the pcr
prod, and one strand can be recovered from the NaOH (after
neutralization) whilst the other is attached to the bead.

All this info can be found in the Dynal booklet about Dynabeads.

I can't help wondering why you can't synthesise a primer to use in your
RT reaction.

If you need some more info you can email me on a.grierson at amc.uva.nl,
since I am currently using a colleagues' login.

regards,
Andy Grierson