IMPORTANT - ANOTHER NOTE ON INAPPROPRIATE USE!

BIOSCI Administrator biosci-help at NET.BIO.NET
Tue Jun 6 19:34:44 EST 1995

After posting a note about the Nest Group yesterday, I need to
acknowledge another point made about a posting from Qiagen which
crossed the commercial use boundary.

A note was called to my attention where a Qiagen rep replied to a
query about a Qiagen product.  The direct reply to the product
question was appropriate, *however*, the respondent then took the
opportunity to suggest another product that the user might consider.
While this information could definitely be construed as being helpful,
this also leaves open the avenue for excessive leveraging of user
questions for advertising purposes.

I would suggest that, in accordance with BIOSCI policy, public
mentioned.  If a company rep is aching to send info about other
products not mentioned in the original inquiry, this information
should be sent privately, not posted to the newsgroup.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager

				biosci-help at net.bio.net