Single-stranded DNA prep reference?

David Nunn David_Nunn at qms1.life.uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 6 15:21:17 EST 1995

  HELP, I saw an article recently that suggested that better yields of
single-stranded template from phagemids could be obtained by preparing
competent cells from a strain of E. coli preinfected with a helper phage
(think it was M13KO7) and transforming them with the phagemid clone of
choice. After slapping myself upside the head for forgetting where I saw
the article (or xeroxing it at the time like I should have), can anybody
out there tell me where they might have seen it. Appreciate it.