purifying out one strand of PCR product?

John Dixon jpcd0 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jun 6 08:37:54 EST 1995

Hi, can anyone tell me what is the easiest and/or most efficient way to
purify one strand of a PCR product from the other?

The product of the PCR will be about 100bps but I wish to use one strand
as a primer for a reverse transcription reaction and I do not want
contamination from its complementary strand.

Is it possible to selectively degrade one or other strand?

Thanks in advance

Johnny D

--
John Dixon                     Lab 44 (223) 334131
Wellcome/CRC Institute         Fax 44 (223) 334134
United Kingdom       e-m: jpcd0 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk