DIG Non-Radioactive Detection

S M Fullerton S.M.Fullerton at durham.ac.uk
Wed Jun 7 05:46:37 EST 1995

I am looking for information and/or advice about DIG non-radioactive
detection.  In particular, I am interested in using this (or a similar
method) for routine imaging of DNA sequences generated manually using the
chain termination method (with T7 DNA polymerase).

Does DIG work for DNA sequencing?  Are there any 'tricks' one should be
aware of?  How does the method compare (in terms of overall reliability,
length of readable sequence, and cost per reaction) to standard 35-S
labelling?

Personal replies please (I will post a summary of responses to the group).

Thanks,

Malia