DNA analysis package

Peter Myler mylerpj at u.washington.edu
Wed Jun 7 13:03:33 EST 1995

On 7 Jun 1995 pskaytes at INTNET.UPJ.COM wrote:

> We are planning on buying a Windows-based DNA/protein sequence analysis
> package.  So far, I have seen demo versions of Lasergene (formerly DNAstar),
> and DNAsis 2.0 from Hitachi.  Does anybody know of any other Windows-based
> packages?  Needs to be user-friendly for non computer types (not me, my
> colleagues ;->   ).  Shareware programs would also be valuable, as long as
> they are easy and menu driven.  I'll summarize the results.
>
> Thanks much,
> Paul Kaytes
>
> pskaytes at intnet.upj.com

You might want to try GENERUNNER (Hastings Software -914-969-0855) and
DNAMAN (Lynnon Biososft - 514-455-4894).  They are not as comprehensive
as Lasergene (DNAstar) but less expensive.

Peter J. Myler                                 phone: (206) 284-8846x332
Seattle Biomedical Research Institute          FAX: (206) 284-0313
4 Nickerson Street                             e-mail: MYLERPJ at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Seattle, WA  98109-1651