cDNA-synthesis Kits

Wed Jun 7 12:48:52 EST 1995

On 7 Jun 1995, Artur da Camara Machado wrote:

>               What is the best Kit available for
>               synthesising  cDNA for cloning?
>               (fast, full-length etc)
>
>                                                         Thanks Georg Seifert

There is no kit that is BEST for cDNA cloning. As far as I could tell
from the experiences of a number of my colleagues, the success of the
kits depend on the system on which they are used. For example, one of my
friends could never get a perticular kit to work on the poly(A+) of an
ascomycete, while another used the same kit and constructed a good
library from Brassica napus flowers. A better result was obtained by this
same friend when he used a kit from another supplier (I think it was
Amersham; usual disclaimer). I have never used a kit just for the fear of
not being able to get the proper library.

			  Hiranya S. Roychowdhury
   			  Plant Genetic Engineering Lab.
			  Box 3GL, NM State Univ.
			  Las Cruces, NM 88003