Promega's Altered Sites kit

Karl Fischer kfischer at
Wed Jun 7 15:00:24 EST 1995

In article <crasmussen-0606951306480001 at>,
crasmussen at (Colin Rasmussen) wrote:

> In article <3qtikq$l6v at>, T.S. Pillay <tpillay at>
> We haven't used the ALTERex plasmids but with the pALTER1 plasmid we have
> been able to make every mutant we have required.
> Colin

Better second that vote...and from another Albertan no less :-)

As Colin has previously stated, the pAlter-1 system has been the
cornerstone of our site-directed mutagenesis experiments because of the
efficiency of mutagenesis and the relative ease in preparing/purchasing
the components.

Karl Fischer
kfischer at
tyr-2 at