cDNA-synthesis Kits

Bruno Becker bbecker at iastate.edu
Wed Jun 7 19:23:04 EST 1995

In article <3r3r3f$gic at mail.boku.ac.at>,
Artur da Camara Machado <iam at mail.boku.ac.at> wrote:
>              What is the best Kit available for
>              synthesising  cDNA for cloning?
>              (fast, full-length etc)
>
>                                                        Thanks Georg Seifert

Hi Georg!

One of the best kits (in my opinion) for synthesizing long cDNAs is the
kit from Gibco/BRL which utilizes the reverse transcriptase
"SuperScript", which is quite efficient in producing long cDNAs. This
kit comes with a well dimensioned cDNA sizing column, and with an
excellent user manual.

Good luck!

(As you will know, I have no connection to Gibco/BRL).

Bruno
--
Bruno Becker, Ph.D.
Email: bbecker at iastate.edu