Primer design programs

Duncan Clark Duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 7 06:24:22 EST 1995

Hi Folks,

I have Oligo4 but I want to design test primers for long PCR of
lambda, say 7, 11, 15, 19, 23kb etc. Oligo4 will only load in the
first 24kb of lambda and is a pain to use to try and automatically
find primer combinations (well I find it a pain!). I had another
program somewhere on a floppy but can't find it. I've also done an
Archie search but drawn a blank. So basically is there any PD or
Shareware out there that will both handle lambda and automatically
find best primers? It doesn't have to be fancy.

PC or Mac will do.

Many thanks

Duncan