How to Keep Clean Water bath

Eric C. Anderson anderson at
Thu Jun 8 10:18:37 EST 1995

In article <3r47g0$nef at>, kmuerler at (Kmuerler)

> Hello,
> Almost all laboratories have a  water bath.  I am wondering what chemicals
> are  better suited to prevent growth of bacteria, yeast, fungi, etc in
> 38oC-water bath.  Then, how about  inside chamber of 38oC CO2-incubator?
> Thanks.

we use two different products.  not for any particular reason, neither
seems to work better, people just ordered 2 different things.

1.  Fisher Scientific:  Bath Clear Algicide; Cat. #: 13-641-336
2.  Spectrum Medical Industries:  Clear Bath; Cat. #: 105540

have fun,

"i don't know what caffeine does for you, but i'm pretty sure that without it your head caves in."

eric c. anderson                                 anderson at
washington univ. school of medicine              (314)362-7058 (FAX)
660 s. euclid box 8103
st. louis, mo 63110

for a comprehensive list of bike related web pages...