How to Keep Clean Water bath

Eric C. Anderson anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
Thu Jun 8 10:18:37 EST 1995

In article <3r47g0$nef at newsbf02.news.aol.com>, kmuerler at aol.com (Kmuerler)
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Almost all laboratories have a  water bath.  I am wondering what chemicals
> are  better suited to prevent growth of bacteria, yeast, fungi, etc in
> 38oC-water bath.  Then, how about  inside chamber of 38oC CO2-incubator?
> Thanks.

we use two different products.  not for any particular reason, neither
seems to work better, people just ordered 2 different things.

1.  Fisher Scientific:  Bath Clear Algicide; Cat. #: 13-641-336
2.  Spectrum Medical Industries:  Clear Bath; Cat. #: 105540

have fun,

eric

--
"i don't know what caffeine does for you, but i'm pretty sure that without it your head caves in."

eric c. anderson                                 anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
washington univ. school of medicine              (314)362-7058 (FAX)
660 s. euclid box 8103
st. louis, mo 63110

for a comprehensive list of bike related web pages... http://pharmdec.wustl.edu/~anderson/anderson.html