RNA ext. from vessel endothelial cells

Garry P. Larson glarson at ccmail.llu.edu
Fri Jun 9 20:38:36 EST 1995

Can any1 give me a good protocol for preparing RNA from arterial
endothelial cells directly from mammals?  The endothelial cells comprise
perhaps only 10% of the total cell population compared to connective tissue
cells.  Can one just use a Qiagen RNA extraction kit (or similar company
product) after grinding the heck out of the tissue?  Or is there a better
way?  Do you have any protocols? I'd sure like some good recommendations.

Thanks alot,
Plz email me the ans. as I don't get to visit these parts often.  OK?

GLarson

If "The truth is out there", I must be looking in the wrong place!