How to store RNA??

Aron B. Jaffe jaffe at
Fri Jun 9 11:46:38 EST 1995

cnguan at () wrote:
> I have generated some RNA by in vitro transcription and would like to
> store it for later use.  I have heard that multiple freeze-thaw cycles
> breaks down RNA very this true and how do I get around
> it?
> Thanks!
> -Chris

After taking the OD, you can store your RNA under ethanol at a
concentration you like, and then take out as much as you need
for each experiment (being sure to mix well by vortexing).  You
have to go through the joy of pelleting and resuspending each
aliquot, but the RNA is stable this way for a long time.