Help - genomic libary

Dirk Konz KONZ at ps1515.chemie.uni-marburg.de
Sun Jun 11 19:59:10 EST 1995

Hi there,

I have some trouble with the construction of a genomic libary in the lambda
Embl 3 vector especailly with packaging efficiency.
After partial digestion of the genomic DNA with Sau3A I factionated DNA of
15-20 kb via a agarose gel and electroelution. I ligated this DNA with
predigested vector arms (no PEG in the ligation buffer !) and anlysed the
ligation mixture by pulsed field gel electrophoresis. The gel showed me that
the ligation worked well. But the packaging of this DNA yields in very low
titers.
If anybody has an idea how to solve this problem, please send me a message.

Advanced thanks for your response.