HELP Making antibodies against small molecules

Weiting Ni nixxx003 at gold.tc.umn.edu
Tue Jun 13 20:55:01 EST 1995

Hi,
   Sorry, I forgot subject line in my last post. Following is my
original message, thank you for any help.

   We intend to generate polyclonal antibodies against
ferulate-carbohydrate complex, more specifically against ester
linkage
between ferulic acid and the carbohydrate.  We can synthesize the
complex in test tube and then we would like to attach the complex
to a
carrier protein.  My question is which carrier protein is best
suitable for that kind of experiment (is BSA good enough?) and
the
second question is that how many complex molecules should be
attached to one carrier protein?  I appreciate all the help and
suggestions.

Weiting Ni, Ph.D.
Univ. of Minnesota
(612) 6257005