help: in vitro transcription

Lars Thelander lars.thelander at
Tue Jun 13 06:58:01 EST 1995

Does anyone know of a good reference for RNase protection assay to measure the amount of RNA in
from an in vitro transcription assay? Can this readily be done by making a riboprobe (off a T7
promoter) and labeling with 35SUTP (or another rNTP) or do I need to use 32P? Also, I am
planning to label RNA with 32P off a linearized plasmid with my promoter of interest but am
open to alterantives. I am just starting in vitro transcription so any help would be most

Thank you.

Eric Hanson