bacterial proteases

Dawn Gray gray at oci.utoronto.ca
Tue Jun 13 09:22:25 EST 1995

Is there a databank/reference somewhere which lists bacterial proteases
and their recognition sites.  I am still having problems with cleavage of
my protein overexpressed in bacteria.  I moved my constructs to BL21
cells and now get cleavage in a different site.  I get great induction of
full length protein with no cleavage
apparent until I lyse my cells.  Since it appears to be specific
proteolytic cleavage I would like to try to identify the site to either
specifically target the protease with an inhibitor (the cocktail of
inhibitors I've tried is ineffective) or, to alter the cleavage site.
Any help is greatly appreciated,
Dawn