DNA cloning programme for PC

Peter Myler mylerpj at u.washington.edu
Wed Jun 14 11:19:23 EST 1995

On 13 Jun 1995, Jane E B Harrison wrote:

> Help,
>
> I am trying to design some plasmids for a complicated cloning strategy,
> and i need a programme which will allow me to load up sequences from gcg,
> and find sites and clone, very much like DNAstrider, but one that can be
> run on the PC.
>
> Does such a programme exist?  Is it shareware [I can but hope]?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Jane Harrison
>
> --
> Jane Harrison                   "Science is like being God,
> Department of Molecular Medicine   Only I have time and budget
> The University of Auckland          constraints"
> Auckland, New Zealand
> Home of the Americas Cup
> E-mail r.berg at auckland.ac.nz

Try Generunner from Hastings Software (914-969-0855) or DNAMAN from
Lynnon Biosoft (514-455-4894).  They both do this, and are relatively
inexpensive.

The usual disclaimers apply (i.e. I am not an employee of either company,
ust use their products).

Peter
Peter J. Myler                                 phone: (206) 284-8846x332
Seattle Biomedical Research Institute          FAX: (206) 284-0313
4 Nickerson Street                             e-mail: MYLERPJ at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Seattle, WA  98109-1651