DGGE STAINING PROBLEM

Suvira Prashar SPRASHAR at EM.AGR.CA
Wed Jun 14 07:28:28 EST 1995

Does anybody know why acrylamide gels won't stain with eithidium
bromide but the same gel will stain nicely with silver stain.
Conditions of gel running are overnight at 60 C. Buffer being used
is TAE pH 7.4. (Buffer recirculates  during the run by means of
perastalic pump.
  Imp: Using the same conditions these DGGE gels used to stain
perfectly.
       We have tried changing :Fresh stain 0.5ug/ml.
                              :Prepared all reagents from brand
                               new chem. bottles.
                              :Double checked the pH of Buffer.

 NOW I AM LOOKING FOR ANY SUGGESTIONS YOU HAVE.