Best centrifuge tubes for use with Qiagen 500?

Karl Fischer kfischer at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Thu Jun 15 02:15:07 EST 1995

In article <3rp5nd$r0k at lyra.csx.cam.ac.uk>, imc1001 at cus.cam.ac.uk (Dr I.M.
Clark) wrote:

<stuff deleted>

Just my 2¢ worth...

When we use the Quiagen 500 columns we elute into an Ultraclear tube
fitting the Beckman SW27/28 bucket. After addition of isopropanol we spin
at 15,000 rpm for 15 minutes. Because this is a swinging bucket it
deposits the DNA into a very nice "button" at the bottom of the tube and
because of the hydrophobic nature of the Ultraclear material there is very
little fluid left on the walls of the tubes. Definitely a better sight
than having that thin film of DNA on the wall of a 30cc Corex following
centrifugation in a JA20 rotor.

Cheers

Karl

--