western blot control

Eric C. Anderson anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
Fri Jun 16 12:33:55 EST 1995

In article <3rnj5g$i5f at neuro.usc.edu>, william at neuro.usc.edu (Fiberman) wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am doing some semi-quantitative westerns to detect changes in protein
> levels.  I need a control antibody that detect a "house-keeping" gene
> that usually does not change in expression level.  Can anyone recommend
> one?

in what organism?  for a number of organisms, actin is a pretty good
control, but maybe not for yours.

eric

--
"i don't know what caffeine does for you, but i'm pretty sure that without it your head caves in."

eric c. anderson                                 anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
washington univ. school of medicine              (314)362-7058 (FAX)
660 s. euclid box 8103
st. louis, mo 63110

for a comprehensive list of bike related web pages... http://pharmdec.wustl.edu/~anderson/anderson.html