Problem with phenol

Ramachandran ramc at molbio2.unizh.ch
Fri Jun 16 04:56:37 EST 1995

Hi,

Is there anyone who can tell me about the kind of phenol that should be
used for isolating genomic DNA from mouse tails. Is there some kind of
time tested special method to buffer the phenol?

And I have been trying to bring down the pH of phenol (to be used in DNA
isolation) with several washes of 0.1 M Tris-Cl, without any success. I
have done almost 7 washes with 0.1 M Tris-Cl. I am following the
protocol given in the Maniatis Lab mannual. If someone can suggest a
solution it will be great!

Thank you,

Ramachandran
Institut fuer Molekularbiologie II