losing my plasmid

CS cycs at musica.mcgill.ca
Sun Jun 18 21:22:26 EST 1995

Hi!

   I got problem with my plasmid.  I did a ligation of a mammalian
promoter gene into the luciferase vector PGL3 from promega.  When I picke
colonies from the plate after transformation and grow them in 5 ml of LB
to do minipreps everything is fine.  However, when I trying to grow more
of these bacteria, I'm losing the DNA completely.  I used the XLI-B as an
host and I'm growing the bacteria with 100 ug/ml of AMP. and 12.5 ug/ml of
tet.  The bacteria are growing but the DNA is gone.  Could someone tell me
what's going on and what I can do to solved my problem.

Thank you

CS