Finding E. coli map positions from restriction data

Peter Rice pmr at
Tue Jun 20 10:38:52 EST 1995

In article <3s6p55$78b at> cmp at (Cindy Macpherson (Genetics)) writes:
>   I'm looking for a program which will give me E coli map position from
>   restriction mapping data, eg. the program which corresponds with the
>   published Kohara map of E coli. I've heard there is a Fortran program
>   called RESBAS which does this, but don't know how to get hold of it or if
>   there's a Mac-based version available. Please e-mail if you've any ideas!
>   Cindy Macpherson (cmp at

I have one from Kenn Rudd (rudd at for Unix and VMS.
You need a program and a suitably formatted database of restriction sites.

Kenn should have an updated program and map, and some interesting
Mac software - contact him directly for more information.

You can also try Gavin Thomas' "E.coli index" web pages:

Peter Rice                           | Informatics Division
E-mail: pmr at             | The Sanger Centre
Tel: (44) 1223 494967                | Hinxton Hall, Hinxton,
Fax: (44) 1223 494919                | Cambs, CB10 1RQ