expression in Ecoli

Henning Saggau SAGGAU at ps1515.chemie.uni-marburg.de
Thu Jun 22 06:24:24 EST 1995

In article <3rq98v$rdb at news.cc.utah.edu> brad at corona.med.utah.edu (Brad Nicholson) writes:
>From: brad at corona.med.utah.edu (Brad Nicholson)
>Subject: Re: expression in Ecoli
>Date: 15 Jun 1995 21:38:39 GMT

>In article <3rpt3d$ntp at crocus.csv.warwick.ac.uk>, lsraj at csv.warwick.ac.uk
>(paolo de marco) wrote:

Paolo, there s a system induced by temperature:
check this reference:
Tabor, Richardson, 1985, A bacteriophage T7 RNA polymerase/promotor system for
controlled exclusive expression of specific genes, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci USA
82: 1074-1078.
 A short summary about the way we use it:
We use the E.Coli strain K38 with the Plasmid pGP1-2. In that u transform the
plasmid with the gene u want to be expressed. The gene must be under the
control of the T7 promotor. Grow culture to OD600=0.7 at 37°C an than shift to
42°C for 2 h. Thats all.